Thank you very much Michael Mossiagin for the invitation to the
community.
Thank you very much Michael Mossiagin for the invitation to the community. This wild flower caught my eye yesterday and I took the opportunity to play with a purple filter I have. Edited in ps express to get more concentration on the blossom...
Hi Eathan Roehrig ! Welcome to the community! I like you image: the composition and the colors you have chosen. So, personally I do not have any critique to offer (this is a rare case indeed ;) ) May be other members have some thoughts to share?
Welcome Eathan Roehrig, to our friendly community! I am liking where you are going with this picture. It is a good visual balance between the flower and the mysterious background.
As you are asking for critique, I will address something about it. Know it's just my opinion. and that there almost always is several equally valid ways of looking at a photo. This is my take.
The contrasting of colors is great, but it would be lovely to see it more. The contrast on the flower is perfect as is the lighting. But the purple is a bit stark. I would try and lower the contrast in that section a bit. This would pick up just a bit more of the out of focus details, especially in the shadow areas. the white patch is so intense as to overrun the presentation of the flower.
So there you go. Again, welcome, and glad to see you post. :-)
Oshi Shikigami thank you for the input. I did change the contrast and detail to try to take away from the white patch, which is a wall of the house where the flowers grow. I will see if I can't change it a bit more.
Hi Eathan Roehrig ! Welcome to the community! I like you image: the composition and the colors you have chosen. So, personally I do not have any critique to offer (this is a rare case indeed ;) ) May be other members have some thoughts to share?
ReplyDeleteWelcome Eathan Roehrig, to our friendly community! I am liking where you are going with this picture. It is a good visual balance between the flower and the mysterious background.
ReplyDeleteAs you are asking for critique, I will address something about it. Know it's just my opinion. and that there almost always is several equally valid ways of looking at a photo. This is my take.
The contrasting of colors is great, but it would be lovely to see it more. The contrast on the flower is perfect as is the lighting. But the purple is a bit stark. I would try and lower the contrast in that section a bit. This would pick up just a bit more of the out of focus details, especially in the shadow areas. the white patch is so intense as to overrun the presentation of the flower.
So there you go. Again, welcome, and glad to see you post. :-)
Very interesting shot, I think the only thing I can do is echo Oshi Shikigami's comment.
ReplyDeleteOshi Shikigami thank you for the input. I did change the contrast and detail to try to take away from the white patch, which is a wall of the house where the flowers grow. I will see if I can't change it a bit more.
ReplyDelete